There are a variety of things that will motivate us to focus on wisdom. One of those things is mentioned in the book of Proverbs.
Proverbs 17:24 Wisdom is the focus of the perceptive, but a fool’s eyes roam to the ends of the earth. (CSB)
Being perceptive will motivate us to “focus on wisdom” or we could also say “seek wisdom”.
- Perceptive is defined as; “having or showing an ability to understand or notice something”.
- In this proverb, when people were perceptive they had purpose and focused on wisdom.
- Alternatively, having eyes that roam to the ends of the world, illustrates a lack of perception resulting in not focusing on wisdom.
In 2005 we began to perceive the Lord’s will for us to relocate to Australia. At the time we lived in Singapore.
Once we perceived God’s plan:
- We focused on how to make the transition. We needed wisdom to know when, who, and how.
- When was the timing, who was the person to assume leadership role, and how were the details of the actual move.
- We focused on wisdom, God came through, and we had an unusually smooth transition
When perception is evident in area of life, remember to focus on the wisdom required to carry out what’s percieved.
Every blessing to each of you,
Pastor Tony Cameneti